Get your Recreational Pilot Licence with Ballarat Aero Club
The first step to gain your wings.
Recreational Pilot Licence (RPL) is the first qualification for your flight training toward a Private or Commercial Pilot Licence. On completion of your training and flight test, you will be able to fly light single engine aircraft within 25nm of the departing aerodrome and carry your friends or family as the captain.
You can then take additional training such as navigation and controlled airspace endorsement which allows you to fly almost anywhere in Australia.
What is required?
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold a CASA Class 1 or 2 Medical Certificate
- Undertake a general English language competency assessment
- Pass the RPL theory examination
- Pass the RPL flight test
- Minimum of 25 hours total flying time
- Minimum of 5 hours as Pilot In Command
Training hours listed are based on minimum requirements. Students may need more time to meet the required competency standards.
|12 Months Membership||Membership for BAC||$198|
|Pilot Training||25 Dual in C152 @ $310||$7750|
|Pilot Training||5 Solo in C152 @ $200||$1000|
|Pre-flight briefing||15 minutes pre-flight briefing before each flight||included|
|Theory Materials||Aviation Theory Student Pilot Kit||$220|
- Prices current as of 01/07/18 inclusive of GST
- Cost for other materials such as maps and charts, medical and CASA fees are not quoted
- Visit www.casa.gov.au for more information about current rules and regulations